Data Privacy Statement for the Petron Gasul Dealer Application Form
Petron Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Petron”, “We”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and will keep secure and confidential all personal information and sensitive personal information (“Personal Data”) of certain individuals (“Data Subjects”), pursuant to Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and the implementing rules, regulations and issuances of the National Privacy Commission (“Privacy Laws”).
This privacy statement (“Statement”) provides for the Personal Data We obtain, or which you may provide through the Dealer / Outlet Operator Application Form and other kinds of forms and through SMS, as well as the standards We observe in collecting, using, sharing, disclosing, transferring and destructing (collectively “Processing”) of Personal Data.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand how We treat Personal Data. We may update this Statement from time to time to reflect change(s) in the law and/or our internal standards. When We do so, We will notify you through electronic mail, SMS and/or other applicable means for your information and reference. By providing your Personal Data, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understood, and hereby agree to all of the terms of this Statement and that you provide consent for us to:
- process Personal Data as provided under applicable laws, regulations, and policies, for our parent company, our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other authorized third parties’ legitimate purpose/s, and
- make Personal Data available for our parent company, our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties.
Personal Data We Collect and Process
In connection with your accounts, transactions, relevant services and products availed from and through Petron, We need to and/or require to Process the Personal Data of the Data Subjects that you shall provide, including:
- personal information (Name, Postal Address, Mobile No., Email Address, Secretary’s Name, Driver’s Name, Interests, Birthday, Occupation) and Sensitive Personal Information (Age, Marital Status, Gender, Bank and Branch);
- contact information such as residential address, office address, phone numbers and email address;
- work-related information such as position in the Company, and government issued identification numbers (Tax Identification, SEC Certificate Registration, Business Permit, License number and similar information); and
- such other information as it may deem reasonably necessary in order to accomplish the above-mentioned purpose.
If you do not provide any or all of the above Personal Data accurately, We may not be able to process or respond to your inquiry, concerns, service request, registration to promotions and events, and any other related transactions (collectively, “Transactions”).
Any additional Personal Data that you may provide through your correspondence(s) with Petron in connection with your Transactions shall also be considered and treated as Personal Data.
What We Do with Personal Data
Upon receiving your accomplished form or SMS, Petron may use any or all of the Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
- handling any request which you may place through the Petron and/or Petron Customer Care and to optimize your user experience with our Customer Care;
- develop and manage Petron’s operations;
- invitation to events held by Petron;
- share necessary Personal Data to authorized third parties Petron services and assistance on behalf of Petron;
- engage in business transactions including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal or financing involving Petron;
- as permitted by and to comply with any foreign and domestic legal and regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- any other purpose to which you consent;
Retention of Personal Data
Subject to applicable requirements of the Privacy Laws and/or Petron Policy on Records and Retention, all Personal Data shall be secured and retained for a period not longer than necessary to the purposes of Processing such Personal Data.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose and share Personal Data, subject to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, on a need to know basis, and in all cases only for legitimate business purposes, as follows:
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties We engage to support our business, bounded by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data secure and confidential, and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them;
- to government and law enforcement agencies, stock exchanges to comply with applicable orders, laws and regulations;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Petron’s assets whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding in which Personal Data held by Petron is among the assets transferred; and
- to other stakeholders necessary to conduct investigations of breaches of Petron’s internal policies, laws and regulations, enforce appropriate sanction/s, and pursue legal actions if necessary and if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Petron, affiliates, officers, employees, and customers or other third parties.
We may further disclose and share Personal Data with our parent company as well as subsidiaries and affiliates, subject to Data Sharing Agreement, on a need to know basis, for marketing and promotion of products which may be of interest to you. We appreciate your support to our businesses including your support to our products.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You are entitled to certain rights in relation to the Personal Data including the right to be informed of the Processing of your Personal Data, to object to such Processing, to access and correct your Personal Data, to request deletion thereof, and to lodge a complaint before our Data Protection Officer and/or to the National Privacy Commission in case of violation of your rights as Data Subject.
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct and/or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. Please be advised however, that We cannot delete your Personal Data without restricting or removing our ability to effectively execute your transactions with, and relevant services and products availed from and through Petron. We may not accommodate a request to correct and/or delete Personal Data if We believe the same would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Data to be incorrect.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented technical, organizational, and physical measures designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Personal Data and secure such from unauthorized destruction, access, alteration, disclosure, fraudulent use and/or any other unlawful processing, as well as other natural and human dangers.
Should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this statement or Petron’s use of your Personal Data or your rights in relation thereto under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, please do not hesitate to contact the Petron Data Protection Officer at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org and (+632) 8-884-9200.